Monday, August 3, 2020

1243 Days

That's a number I'll admit I had to look up tonight. I've been doing a lot of dwelling lately. Dwelling on the past, the present & the future. 1243 days ago my life changed forever. That was the day my son was born. I've had him now for 1243 days. 

During that time I've learned a lot, experienced a lot & def have grown a lot! He has taught me unconditional love, patience, kindness, sweetness & so much more. These 1243 days with him have been the greatest of my life thus far and in just a few short days he's going to become a big brother and me a father again this time to my daughter. There have been days that have been challenging to say the least, I'm sure all parents will attest to that, but then there are days like today, where faith is restored and it's all worth it. I have been gone a lot cause of work lately and have been off the last few days and I love it when he's super clingy to me and wants to play with Dada. 

We built forts, went on walks and played in the backyard this weekend, he even got to push daddy's lawn mower today for a few laps up and down the backyard and as I pushed that with him and he looked back and looked up at me, I realized I am truly blessed and fortunate. Fortunate for a healthy & loving son who sure may tests us more now then ever before, but I keep telling myself there is light at the end of these struggles. I know that one day soon, he'll start to try new foods, use the toilet for number 2 more constantly, it'll all work itself out. I have learned so much these past 3 plus years and I know there's more to come with not just him, but then a baby girl on the horizon as well. 

What will life be like? What's going to change? Is everything going to change? How is he going to be? Will he be jealous, loving, caring? It's these things and so much more that excite me about becoming a father again and this time it's more special as we will get to share this experience with him and watch him and his little sister interact and grow up together. The moment I keep thinking about is the moment when he will first meet her. Sure, he's heard us talking about baby sister in mommy's tummy for months now, but to truly see it will be something completely different. 

We are no longer just going to be a family of 3, we're expanding and I for one welcome it. The joy of this is subdued a little bit w/ this pandemic sure, but it's not going to keep our excitement down I'll tell ya that. In a world that's full of hate, disgusting groups of people and morons who refuse to wake up during such times, this is the bright spot I know I've been searching for and praying for. I have protected my son from the dangers of this world for 1243 days and while his count will continue, a new one, one for my daughter is set to begin any day now. 

I will be taking some time off for the next week or two but I promise to return to the blog and write about even more new experiences. Until then, stay safe & see everyone soon. 

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a day..

Wow, has it really been since November since I've posted something? Forgive me friends as the holidays took over & my focus was else...