Wednesday, January 20, 2021

What a day..

Wow, has it really been since November since I've posted something? Forgive me friends as the holidays took over & my focus was elsewhere. I want to talk a little about today- spoiler alert- it's about the Inauguration. As I've stated in other blogs, I don't pretend to know a ton about politics but if there's one thing I'll say about Trump, he got me watching and engaged with politics more in my life then ever before.  

Fast forward to today, I was watching the Inauguration from work like most of you I'm sure were as well. Such a strange site, scratch that, not so strange anymore to see social distancing as it's become our new way of life...instead of seeing a packed Capitol we saw it mostly empty dressed with flags and a small crowd. I'll admit it and I'm not ashamed to admit- I voted for Biden. I was ecstatic to see him win and take office w/ hopes of him bringing back peace & balance to this country that has been left divided to say the least. 

Before I continue, this isn't a post to bash the former President, this blog is just how I felt and how I perceived today. It was a rather powerful, authentic & if I'm being honest a bit of a moving day today. To see our first Female Vice President get sworn in followed by our new President being sworn in, it struck a chord in me that made me feel hope again for this country. I've always been a fan of Lady Gaga and by God did she slay it today! You could see the pure nervousness in her face and the raw emotion that came across her performance as she performed for the most powerful people in the world. My hat is off to her. 

Are things going to be solved over night, absolutely not...I'm not naive nor was I born yesterday. But I have hope, hope that this administration will put the American people back as the focus and that we will once and for all rid ourselves of the virus and get back to way things used to be. After all, what else is more pressing in our society today then getting people healthy and getting people back to work and the world reopened? 

That's all I got for tonight, I just wanted to put some thoughts to digital paper. Stay safe & healthy everyone, I'm going to try my best to become more active again on this blog. 


TK

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a day..

Wow, has it really been since November since I've posted something? Forgive me friends as the holidays took over & my focus was else...