Saturday, May 9, 2020

A Letter for My Wife

So I liked the title A Letter to Bama a few weeks back, so I wanted to call this My Letter series. So of course, the most logical next Letter would be for my wife on Mother's Day!

Dear Amanda,

Where do I begin? We've been together since August 2009 and it's been a wonderful 10 plus year journey that's only starting to unfold. From getting engaged, to getting married, to having our first child together & now awaiting the arrival of our daughter, I couldn't be more excited. This is a scary time in not just our lives right now, but the entire planet, but I know we will continue to get through this day by day.

I couldn't be more excited that we are pregnant and expecting the arrival of our daughter this August, but as you know, I'm terrified. Not terrified to have a girl, but terrified of the constant unknown and fear due to this stupid virus. You are right, I will not always know how you are feeling and I won't pretend too. I can't even begin to put myself in your shoes or any pregnant woman's during a time like this. Know, that I commend you for how you've carrie yourself during this time, how strong you've been, how nuts you must feel at times for basically being under 'house arrest,' but I know you know the end goal is the same- to keep you and our baby girl safe and sound!

I can never thank you enough for that! I can never thank you enough for putting up with me, as I'll admit, I can sometimes not be the easiest person to live with, as I take things a little overboard sometimes, but as I've told you before, I'm doing it with the best intentions! I want you and our baby girl to stay safe & healthy and I will do whatever it takes, you know that! So thank you for putting up with me. Thank you for being in the house 24/7 for the past basically two months and holding it down so to speak.

I know you're missing out on seeing family, seeing friends, but know in the end, it won't be just me who thanks you, it'll be our daughter as well. We will go places, see people, and see and do as much as we can post this pandemic. You have my word on that.

I know our baby girl once she is old enough to understand will just give you the biggest of hugs and say thank you Mommy for keeping me safe during that. I will tell her, how strong & brave you were and how incredible of a job you did at keeping her safe you did!

So on Mother's Day, this is what I want to say to you. I love you with all of my heart, I appreciate everything you have sacrificed for our future daughter & I am beyond proud of everything you have accomplished and will continue to accomplish. You are an amazing wife, partner & most off all, Mother to our son! Watching you and him is something truly remarkable and special, and is something I certainly relish in every day!

Happy Mother's Day Babe, I love you so much! Thank you for being you, and thank you for everything you do for our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What a day..

Wow, has it really been since November since I've posted something? Forgive me friends as the holidays took over & my focus was else...